Thursday, December 18, 2014

Six Days & Counting....

I told my boss I needed an extra day off this week.  He hemmed and hawed, but in the end caved, as he knows that one trip to the doctor's office can get me the rest of the season off. Then he offered to personally help me on Friday when I return if the workload is too much. Long story short, the consensus is that my aches and pains are most likely fatigue, but the nausea and ab pain when I eat could indicate a resurgence of the pancreatitus.  So, I'm watching it... taking it easy... because if it is pancreatitus the remedy is checking back into the hospital for a few days, and I've already spent MY birthday in there, I'm not spending Jesus's birthday in there too.

So I am home. Hanging out in my pajamas.  Eating crackers because they are about the only thing not making me nauseous at the moment. Good times, really.

I caved to the Christmas Cards.  My friend gave me some software to try and it has become the biggest time suck of my day.  I designed several different ones, but this may be my favorite...


I must say we're in pretty good shape here as far as getting it all done.  I wrapped up some goodies for my two subs at work, made up a card for the mailman, finished wrapping the odds and ends.  I have a bit of tweaking to do for Tony's gifts, and I think Tony may have bypassed wrapping all together by getting me TSO concert tickets... for this weekend.  I am so excited! 

Six more days, and still no sign of snow to hinder package delivery.

Now, that's a Christmas miracle.

 (Here's the link if you're unfamiliar with Trans Siberian Orchestra)

10 comments:

  1. Love the card--hope you feel better enough to have a merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Trust me when I tell ya, pooping is NOT the problem. :) I'm also not ruling out the possibility of a stomach bug... *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better...cuz I may take you up on your offer to come over for a meal! Someday I'll get back out your way...promise. The card was quite clever! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is adorable. I hope you feel well soon.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inside reads "Rumor has it, he tasted like candy canes."

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you said who TSO was; I LOVE their music. I'm sure you'll enjoy the concert, that is if you are getting tickets for it :)

    good idea to listen to your body and take the day to rest.

    Hope you didn't jinx it with no snow, but the end is in sight for the end of the hectic delivering system :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought six bottles of wine today.
    Christmas shopping...done!
    Feel well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TSO?!?!?! I hate you just a tiny bit right now. lol I'd LOVE to see them. I hope it's awesome!!!

    More importantly, though, I hope you feel better! No more pancreatitis!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, comment, you know you want to.