She might even throw in a picture or two about how she spent her New Year's Eve...
... another Great Wolf Lodge, water sliding and rope course climbing, while her husband enjoyed a night to himself.
She might even tell you that since her husband stayed home, she let her boys both bring friends, and she invited more of her kids friends, and their cousins, which ultimately led to a fantastic time for everyone involved.
She might tell you about going back to the hospital for another CT scan because what she thought was a hernia turned out to be a nasty intestinal infection. She might also tell you that she hopes to never have to drink banana flavored barium again because she swears it makes her farts glow in the dark.
She might tell you that she's feeling better, despite the fact that the antibiotics they gave her for an intestinal infection make her digestive system crazy. Which kind of makes her mind crazy.
She might tell you that, now that she was feeling better, she spent her day off watching Youtube clips of how to take apart, clean, and reassemble her dishwasher. She may even tell you about the grossness she found in there that she is calling "crab meat", never to be spoken of again.
She could tell you of the plans she has to make an insulated box for the attic stairs, and the redneck duct tape vinyl window covering she made for the one last stinking window that needs to be replaced in the living room.
She might tell you that she can't figure out, even after the energy assessment that the electric company did, why she uses double the electricity of her energy efficient neighbors. Unless of course, they are comparing her to the ones that don't live there. But for the record, whatever the reason is, it pisses her off.
She could tell you of the "potpourri of nonsense" that goes on at work now a days.
She may tell you that she is most positively certain that her 12 year old son is shortening her life span.
She could tell you about the first snow of January, which amounted to all of a 1/4 inch, and how she had to reign in her husband from using his brand new snow blower.
She could tell you that she learned that you could make baked potatoes in the crock pot and it BLEW. HER. MIND.
She could tell you that her next day off will be spent waiting for the cable guy to fix her internet connection....again.
She'll likely tell you that she recently discovered that no one in the house will eat thick cut bacon, and therefore she'll actually have left over bacon for cooking other things.
And then she might tell you that she'll likely spend that time waiting for the cable guy, eating loaded baked potatoes topped with that bacon.
But since THIS girl has to run kids to the mall giving up her Friday night in it's entirety, clearly that's not gonna happen.
We'll just have to hope for next Friday night.
And if she had told me, I might have commented here. But being lazy, I'll take the out and shut up.
ReplyDeleteTony would tell you you're a wise man for taking the easy way out, smiling and just looking pretty. :)
DeleteYou have been up to some things, sorry about the infection though, ick! But New Year's Eve out sounded fun! Someone leaving on lots of lights? Is that what is making the electricity go up?
ReplyDeletebetty+
I don't think so, and every bulb we have is energy efficient. We even have the power cords on the TV that shut down everything when not in use. The only thing we run is the two fish tank heaters which isn't all that much. The energy people came out and assessed our home and said it was up to date, so the only thing I can think of is that they are comparing us to the rest of the homes on the street that are unoccupied this time of year. I am going to check and make sure that they are reading us right though, particularly since the cost of our electric (for everyone) is going to nearly double.
DeleteYou are a funny lady. New reader over here. I hope to keep reading you and that you feel better. Glow in the dark farts are not a bad thing I'm sure. lol that was funny.
ReplyDeleteIf you give this girl a computer and an hour she can write a post give her 3 or 4 hours she will write a post and read 30 or 40 more because well she doesn't have much of a life, or she can delegate her time wisely, I don't know she does something
ReplyDeleteI've got to try that baked potato in the crock pot thing! And personally, I hope you never have to drink ANY flavor of barium again.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wouldn't sweat the small amount of snowfall so far. As I recall, the "OMG" amount of snow and "OMG" cold didn't really start until after the Super Bowl last year.
ReplyDeleteLooks like your New Year was better than mine. I drank so much wine that I saw Dick Clark on Rockin' New Years Eve. And his speech wasn't garbled.
After this first week of chemo, I was wishing for glow in the dark farts! Oh, the side effects they don't talk about! I hope you get to have those bacon loaded potatoes soon...
ReplyDelete