Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Casting Votes...

Yesterday I worked a 9 and a half hour day, with no lunch and no breaks  Which is inexcusable since I have an assigned substitute carrier and I was only out for two days.  It should not take me that long to clean p after him, but it did.  And now I'm off today, so I'll be cleaning up tomorrow, but that's a gripe for another day.

Any hoo...

Nine and a half hours. I promptly started dinner as I got home, wondering where the hell my husband had gone off to when he came through the door and announced that he "had done it."

Crap.

I forgot to vote.

Getting dinner into a good holding pattern, I threw my sneakers and coat on and headed out the door.

"Youngest, I'm off to cast my vote for Vermin Supreme!" I yell down the stairs.
"You do that!  Ponies for everyone and mandatory teeth bushing!" He replies.

In truth, I would have felt better about casting my vote for the guy that wears a boot on his head and promises a pony based economy.  At least you'd know what you're getting. And who wouldn't love a security team of flying monkeys?  On the mile drive to the elementary school I pondered my choices...

A chick that's completely untrustworthy, who basically has stated little, if no new ideas for the country, but sadly is the most qualified.

An old guy, funded at $25 a whack, who's ideas I like a lot, but even I know are not possible.

The Donald. *shudder*

A guy that may or may not be eligible, since he only denounced his Canadian citizenship when he figured he'd throw his hat in the ring, that is also not trustworthy.

A guy who doesn't show up for work  and is predicted unlikely to win his own state.

A doctor who looks as though he's been doing a lot of self medicating and who I'm not sure knows he's still running.

And the guy from Ohio, who is seemingly the only one making any sense, simply by keeping his mouth shut.

Being Independent, I can pick which party to vote in.  So do I vote against who I like the least, knowing full well that's how it will go anyway?  OR do I switch the party and vote against the biggest of all evils, just so that that candidate doesn't get that extra vote?

Or do I write in Vermin and ensure we'd all have fresh breath, and a funded time travel program?

It's a vexing problem indeed.

In the end, I voted to try and upset the apple cart.  Which it did not.  I did learn that according to CBS, Vermin won 4th in NH, coming in with more votes than the Republican Senator Gilmore. I also learned that "How to move to Canada" internet searches skyrocketed shortly after the polls closed.

We. Are. Doomed.

I sure hope Canada is ready for our refugees...








11 comments:

  1. Its going to be the lesser of two evils type of voting in November; and then we are like you said, still doomed. How did this happen? And is it too late to ask for a do over and get all new candidates, kind of like putting all your Scramble tiles back into the bag and drawing new ones. I absolutely have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Those who pray, need to pray and keep praying.....

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't all politics choosing the "lesser of two evils"? Good grief. What a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be nice to actually vote FOR someone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Sister. It's gonna be a tough election this go around. ack!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been pondering which candidate is the least of all evils for weeks. I just couldn't find one. Hubs said we should all write in our own names and break the system. I am going to write his name in too so he will win. I could do the job as First Lady pretty admirable (I lie to myself). Then I totally forgot to vote. I am sure it was my subconscious that balked at the idea of actively picking one of the many idiots on the ballot. This has to be the worst list of candidates for any party ever. In the entire history of democracy, ever. UGH! First Obama for two terms and next up a remake of Dumb, Dumber, Dumbered and Capitan Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that when it comes down to the two candidates, I'm pretty sure I won't vote at all simply because none of them seem trustworthy or qualified. I heard on the radio that Nova Scotia is inviting all those that insist on leaving after this election to come there. If only it weren't so cold that far north...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't yet seen anyone that we wouldn't be better off without threatening to move to Canada. Of course, Canada might have to close the border and send them all back to Syria...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently trying to talk my husband into going to Europe as Ex-Pats. He installs solar panels and is totally employable, and I hear there are countries that will give me a stipend to be a stay at home mom. Too bad we are broke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh! The choices this year are the WORST ever. Someone actually told my son about being around for the election in 1968 and how crazy it was with everything going on in Vietnam, with civil rights, etc. He thought it was the most insane election year ever. Until this year. Some days I'm glad it would actually be easy for us to move back to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't understand the _RUMP hype. It's so disturbing and embarrassing. I wish Mitt would run. I wouldn't vote for him but at least the republicans would have a worthy contender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way! How do we vote when there are no candidates we feel good about? EVERYONE I know feels this way. I can't find people who like any of them. So why are these candidates so popular?!?!? I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, comment, you know you want to.